Question Unanswered: reorg not showing up in db2pd

Hi all,

I have a db2 v8.2 database. I run reorgs weekly on certain tables identified by reorgchk. I recently set up a reorg to run on a large table and the command seemed to kick off OK.

REORG TABLE EVMI.CUSTINVOPT INPLACE ALLOW WRITE ACCESS NOTRUNCATE TABLE START
    DB20000I The REORG command completed successfully.
    DB21024I This command is asynchronous and may not be effective immediately.

commit
    DB20000I The SQL command completed successfully.

But when I run db2pd -db evmi -reorgs this table does not show up in the reorg listings. I didn't see any error messages in db2diag.log.
    Does anyone have any ideas what happened?

Tammy

Provided Answers: 5
    Connect to the database and run this query:

select * from table(snapshot_tbreorg('EVMI',-1)) as x order by reorg_start

Note: 'EVMI' is the name of you DB.

This should return reorg information as long as the DB has been active since the reorg. If for any reason the DB deactivated, then the reorg information is lost.

Andy

Thanks Andy.

I ran the command you provided but that table (CUSTINVOPT) does not show up.

select * from table(snapshot_tbreorg('EVMI',-1)) as x order by reorg_start

Any other ideas?
    If the table did not need a reorg would the reorg command be smart enough not to run?
    The table has two indexes (type 2).

Tammy

Provided Answers: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by trtwiddlebaum
    If the table did not need a reorg would the reorg command be smart enough not to run?
    The table has two indexes (type 2).
    No, if you issue a reorg right after you just successfully did one on the same table, it will process. It will go alot faster though.

The only thing I can think of is that the DB deactivated sometime after your reorg started. Try this: open up two CLP sessions to your database. In one, do the reorg. In the other, run the SQL I gave earlier (you should be able to keep repeating it to monitor the progress). Let me know how it goes.

Andy