Unanswered: Is "Quoted Identifier" a server level setting or database/object level?

Is "Quoted Identifier" a server level setting or database/object level?

- If it is a ASE server level setting, how do I check if it is on or off?

- If it is a database level setting, how do I check if it is on or off?

- If it is a object level setting, how do I check if it is on or off?

Thank you for your help.

It is session level, it was ON by default prior to 12.0 and OFF by default 12.0 and higher. To find the options, the only is to use @@options.

It is one of the bit that is set in @@options. I have neglected my brain cells that stored this hexadecimal information, so I cannot recall which bit is the one that controls it.

how do I check options set at the server level?

I'd like to see what options are set of each server. Is there any way to check what is set at a server level?

There are no per se' server-level options. These are database level options in Sybase (unless you are using a trace flag to by-pass that). All the database level SET options are available via the master..sysdatabases in the status and status2 columns. The documentation is good for that.

If you run a sp_helpdb with no parameters, it actually feeds you out this information. You can perhaps scavenge that bit of code and write something for your purpose.

Session level options are only obtained by @@options, these sometimes override what is set in status2. You have to contact Sybase to get the complete bit map for @@options. There is no documentation on this.

Thank you...

Hmm... It's funny, because whenever I freshly log on to one of our servers, it always seems that Quoted Identifiers is enabled. Since Quoted Identifiers is a session level option, you would think that once I logged off and then logged back on that it would be disabled. Is there something I'm overlooking?

Many thanks for your help.

This option (as well as other session level options) may be defined in the OpenClient configuration file ($SYBASE/$SYBASE_OCS/config/ocs.cfg, IIRC).

Michael

Michael,

Thank you for your e-mail. I just took a look at our servers to see if I could find the ocs.cfg file. Seems that both servers don't have this file.

I looked at the below location you specified...

$SYBASE/$SYBASE_OCS/config/ocs.cfg

Hmm...

Many thanks for both of your help. Sincerely appreciate your help.