Unanswered: Data truncated warning

Hi,
    I am using a tool to export data from .dbf file to .dat file.
    While exporting I am getting the following warning,
    "SQL Warning, SQL State 01004, 0, [Sybase][ODBC Driver]Data truncated"

Truncation of data happens for Long datatype only.

How can I export data including of type Long to a file without truncation.
    Can anyone help to solve this. If any additional information needed pl tell me.

Thanks,
    Yar

what is this tool? You need to provide more accurate information on the source and the target, products, version, datatype, cmds, error

The tool for data export is Siebel provided 'dataexp'. ODBC is configured to open the siebel local database which is in 'dbf' format (an Anywhere database). The driver version is 8.00.02.4361 provided by iAnywhere Soultions.

When the long datatype value is increased the number of errors (as in original post) is also increasing. I tried incresing the buffer size of ODBC driver to 16,000 beyond this value ODBC is not accepting.

If you need more info pl let me know.

This means that Seibel has actually stored a datalength that is more than ODBC can handle to map to an equivalent datatype in ASA.

See if there is an export facility in Seibel to send the file to raw text and then you can import as LOB in ASA

Yes, I too believe the same, now looking for other Siebel tools / ODBC drivers (third party), thanks for your sugessions.