Unanswered: copy posts data into vbulletin backup (was "I need Help!")

Hello friends, I am new to this forums. I am having a Vbulletin Board installed. Unfortunately, my DB got corrupted. But I have the back up of the corrupted and of the normal DB. I managed to copy the values of new users registered after the backup date. But I want to cope one table which contions all the post data, so that the posts which were made after the backup the date.

that table name is userposts

I just want to copy this table and want to instert it into the DB which I backed up. I am sure that this table is ok and not corrupted.

Any help would be great!

INSERT INTO `backupdatabase`.`userposts`
    SELECT * FROM `corrupteddatabase`.`userposts` WHERE ID NOT IN (SELECT ID FROM `backupdatabase`.`userposts`) AND `corrupteddatabase`.`userposts`.Date > '2007-05-01'

n.b. the above query limits the old resultset to a short while ago (2007-05-01) because I suspect you don't really want to test against the whole table (probably quite large) and your db corrupted recently so you should only bring back results that were recent.

Because I don't know the layout of your table for the userposts (nor can I be bothered to look it up for BB) so, the ID and Date fields I have used in the above query are quite possibly wrong and will need to be altered to whatever values you need.

I can PM you both the databse if you can do that for me.

Yup not a problem.

I can test it here locally and let you know the query you will need to execute.

Actually I am not a DB man. I am j ust installing and managing vBulletin. So th ats why dont want to take the risk. Sending you the links of DB backups. Thankyou and waiting for your reply!

I think I have just demonstrated a good example of social engineering. I now have the database(s) in question with usernames/email address/etc.

Granted the passwords are hashed/encrypted but it wouldn't take long to unhash them using the salt that is contained within the database once I find out what algorithm is used in the PHP for VBulletin.

DON'T hand out sensitive information over the internet in this fashion. Luckily for you I am honest chap and have no intention of utilising this information for "evil" purposes.

I will get back to you with your query shortly.

I know that, but our board doesnt contain that much sensitive matter. Thats why I gave u the DBs without thinking abt the risk. But thanx for the helping hand.