Thread: Web based

Unanswered: Web based

I am looking for a way to convert the front end of an access database to web based.

Provided Answers: 10
    Access databases suck in a web based environment - you will only be able to scrape at most 10 concurrent users. You may wish to look into ASP with VBScript with a proper SQL database back-end if you are determined to go web-based.

Provide more information and better answers could follow
    George
    Home | Blog

You can use Infopath! it'll integrate MS Access with the web and it'll integrate fine. It'll even write the XML for you and you can design forms to use for your Access db with it too.

thanks for the replies, I look into them.

ryne,

Using Infopath will probably be the easiest and quickest solution. It's part of MS Office Professional or you can get it seperately.

It'll integrate fine. That's what I'm looking to use when I get the db I'm currently working on done, so it'll be more user friendly to people and they'll be able to access it from my computer that already has shared things from it rather than adding to my 5 servers already.

Check out the books that WROX puts out. I have their "Beginning Infopath" book and it's helpful, explains everything in simple terms.

Thank you, I have InfoPath. I will look for the book and try it out.