Unanswered: Calling expdp as sysdba

When I try to perform an "impdp full=y", the process errors out at a point because we have max_enabled_roles set to 148. Apparently, the user account running the impdp gets these roles assigned to themselves, and after 148, everything crashes. This param cannot be increased over 148.

So I was thinking, if I could log in as SYSDBA perhaps I could circumvent the error? I can't seem to get the syntax correct. For exp, the docs mention that you can use the "login/pwd@instance as sysdba" in the parameter file, but that didn't seem to work for expdp.

---=Chuck

have you tried as SYSTEM user?
    - The_Duck
    you can lead someone to something but they will never learn anything ...

Duh .... good point - I'll try that.
    ---=Chuck

that work for ya?
    - The_Duck
    you can lead someone to something but they will never learn anything ...

We're trying to get our other environment back up using RMAN, so I don't know that I'll get a chance to try it. I can't take down & rebuild the instance that I just impdp'ed into, since our Developers are using it. So, I may not get a chance to try this out until everything cool's off and we can set up another server.

---=Chuck

Restoring a db to another server using RMAN has failed everytime (10.1.0.3), so we're going to fall back to expdp. I think this will be our final strategy:

- using scripts generated from TOAD create:
    tablespaces
    roles
    role grants
    system grants

- using impdp, from a FULL expdp
    INCLUDE=DB_LINK
    INCLUDE=PROFILE
    INCLUDE=USER
    INCLUDE=SYNONYM
    INCLUDE=DIRECTORY

- in a separate impdp, create all application schemas

We kept getting errors when trying to run an impdp with FULL=Y as SYSTEM. The docs mentioned avoiding the use of SYSDBA when performing an import datapump (which is fine because I couldn't figure out how, anyway). So, using the above approach, we should be able to load the items that are system-wide without performing a FULL=Y impdp, then load our schemas.

---=Chuck