Unanswered: Changes saved without prompt

I occasionally have a problem in Access 2000 where changes made to queries will automatically be saved without a prompt to confirm the changes appearing. It only happens sporadically, but it has caused several headaches where I made some changes to test something but didn't like the results. I was expecting it to ask if I wanted to save changes so I could say no, but all of a sudden I've lost the original query design. What could be causing this?

whats probably happened is that you've done a

docmd.setwarnings false

then your code has crashed in the loop

in this case even setting confirm actions in the options DOESN'T put them back on

you need a little sub

sub turnon
    docmd.setwarnings true
    end sub

and run that manually

this sort of thing is why you sometimes have to be really robust and thorough with error handlers, so that you trap errors and turn all these things back on properly. Screen echo's/refreshes is another similar catch.

Quote Originally Posted by gemma-the-husky
    this sort of thing is why you sometimes have to be really robust and thorough with error handlers, so that you trap errors and turn all these things back on properly.
    +1 to that. Avoid setwarnings if you can - if not ALWAYS include an error trap and make sure that, irrespective of program flow, warnings will be set back on.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.