Unanswered: DB2 client cannot access the db2 instance on AIX

I am facing problems connecting to db2 instance from the client.

Things were all fine-
    DB2 client(on Windows Server 2003) was connecting to the db2 server(on AIX) instance(db2inst1).
    I could run queries and deploy jobs in the server.

I was troubleshooting some issues with my job server and did the following on my db2 instance on AIX,
    after which I am not able to connect to the db2 instance(db2inst1) from my DB2 client.I am getting this error- [IBM][CLI Driver] SQL30082n Attempt to establish connection failed with security reason "24" ("USERNAME AND/OR PASSWORD INVALID") SQLSTATE=08001

The commands that I ran on AIX db2 instance login.
    1) db2set db2comm=tcpip
    2) db2 catalog tcpip node mynode remote server db2c_db2inst1
    3) db2 update dbm cfg using authentication client (I dont know how to change this back to the default one )
    4) db2 force application all
    5) db2stop
    6) db2start

Can any of these commands be the reason for my client not being able to access the db2 instance.I can very well get connected to the database from the AIX machine with the same credentials.

Please help me out if any of you can figure out the reason.I am stuck at this point

if you specify client authentication - the uid/pw will be checked at client level
    (if on windows - the windows uid/pw)
    put it back to server and the pw/uid will be checked with aix uid/pw
    2) db2 catalog tcpip node mynode remote server db2c_db2inst1
    why this statement ?
    catalog tcpip node and db are to be done at client level and server does not need any entry in catalog to connect to local db - only if a test for tcpip access is needed.
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    DB2 UDB LUW certified V6/7/8