Unanswered: Were do I find the "Open Client" install manual (for a UNIX Application Server)?

I've searched Sybase's website everywhere!

Were do I find the "Open Client" install manual (for a UNIX Application Server)?

I have no idea how to install or know the commands to get the installer going.

This was a last minute request that hit my desk. I have the installation files, but don't have the instructions / manual in order to install successfully.

Thank you.

If you have the installation file (i.e. the tar file from SPDC), then it's the usual technique: untar the file, and then run the "setup" binary.

On the other hand if you already have an untarred tree (with OCS-12_5/lib, etc.) then simply place this in the appropriate directory (eg /opt/sybase), make sure that the interfaces file (in the Sybase install root directory) is up to date), and make sure that things like LD_LIBRARY_PATH are set appropriately so that the .so files are found at run-time.

Michael

Thank you...

Thank you for your help. Greatly appreciate the information you provided. It was very helpful.

King regards