Unanswered: No data coming to the detail forms

HI

The problem is no data coming to the detail forms but when I open them directly they are ok.

thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Provided Answers: 19
    What exactly do you mean by "detail forms?" And we could use a little bit of an explanation as to exactly what you're trying to accomplish here.
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Hi Missinglinq

open this form (OrgFreqFrm) then click to yellwo light color and dark for record to see the detail.

thanks

Provided Answers: 19
    then click to yellwo light color and dark for record to see the detail
    I'm sorry, but this makes absolutely no sense to me! Maybe someone else can help!
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

I took a look at the example you supplied and I'm lost also. Wish I could help but like Missinglinq, I don't understand what exactly your problem is or what you are trying to do. It seems to me that form OrgFreqFrm has criteria in the recordsource query which is trying to match on values from a form which is not open and/or does not exist. For example: Like "*" & [forms]![Form1]![OrgFreqFrm].[form]![SrchFreqNam] & "*"....there is no form named Form1. If you are trying to somehow base the criteria in OrgFreqFrm on a subform to OrgFreqFrm in the recordsource, you'll have problems and may want to think of different ways to do this (i.e. have a form named: FreqSource or something like that and when they click on a record in this form, THEN open OrgFreqFrm with the recordsource based on the (open) form FreqSource values verses trying to base a form's recordsource on a subform value in that form itself. Or open OrgFreqFrm with criteria from FreqSource (i.e. docmd.openform "OrgFreqFrm",,"[RecID] = " & Forms!FreqSource!RecID & "" (again where FreqSource would be open and then opens OrgFreqfrm when you click on a record in the FreqSource form.) Or perhaps SrchFreqNam is your original form (instead of FreqSource) opening and you open OrgFreqForm based on what the user selects in SrchFreqName (I'm guessing that this might be what you are trying to do: if so, SrchFreqName should not be a subform in OrgFreqFrm but instead a separate form which opens OrgFreqFrm (or SrchFreqName could be a listbox in OrgFreqFrm and when they click on a value in the listbox, you requery OrgFreqFrm which has criteria in it based on the listbox name value).
    Last edited by pkstormy; 05-26-07 at 11:10.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

Hi pkstormy and Missinglinq

Please look into attachments
    Attached Files Attached Files

Provided Answers: 59
    if youyr child forms show data when the are opened by themselves, but dont show data when they are a sub form in another form then the normal fault is that the link fields are either incorrect or contracdictory.

that'd be the first thing id want to check

Id then want to check any control on the parnet form which forces a requery of the sub form(s)
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton