Unanswered: Can I call an ASP script from Access to upload files?

Does anyone know if it is possible to call an ASP page on a remote web server and pass it parameters?

I have an Access 2002 database that I want to use off-line to gather data and images and then upload the lot to a web application running SQL Server. Getting the data into SQL isnt a problem but I need to be able to run a script that will upload the images to a folder on the web server.

Im running out of hair to pull out on this one, so any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

California, USA
    You can use the Application.FollowHyperlink method to open a web page. If the web page itself is the .asp code that you want to run, then this will do it for you.

Application.FollowHyperlink "", , True, True

Hope this helps,

Hey Vic,

Thank you for taking the time to reply. That looks like the solution I need, I hadn't realised you can call a hyperlink from code, but based on your post, I'm planning to use a function something like this:

Public Function UploadIt(FileName As String)
    Dim strAddress As String

On Error GoTo Error_UploadIT

' Create the hyperlink address.
    strAddress = "" & FileName

' Follow hyperlink address.
    Application.FollowHyperlink strAddress, , True, True

Exit Function

MsgBox Err & ": " & Err.Description
    Resume Exit_UploadIT
    End Function

Haven't tested it yet because I now need to modify the asp page to work with querystrings rather than form elements, but I will let you know if it works OK.

Many Thanks