Becoming a moderator on this forum

Pootle Flump suggested I ask to become a moderator here. I'm not sure what's involved with being a moderator on this forum but I'd like to submit a proposal to become one. You'll find that I've been a member for quite a while (I believe since 2004), made a lot of posts, and uploaded many sample coding snippets to this forum.

My background is that I've worked with MSAccess since version 1.0 (I used to work with the developers of MSAccess making suggestions for version 2.0). I've designed hundreds of MSAccess applications in all versions and been through many software upgrades. I've also worked with all versions of SQL Server (6.5, 7.0, 2000 and 2005), designed many visual basic programs/vb scripts, own my own business, consult for many companies, and designed applications in other languages (i.e. Assembly, DBase, Fortran, Pascal, Basic, 4GL, Progress, etc...). I am very knowledgeable with client-server/object-oriented programming and complex relational database concepts. I designed my first program when I was 15. I graduated from the UW of Madison in Computer Science where I was attended while also still in high school. Lastly, I also used to manage an IT department at the Energy Conservation corporation for several years.

I usually get on this forum once a week. Again, I don't know what the requirements are to become a moderator but please let me know if you think I could become one. If you need any other information on me, please let me know. My home email is: pkohn@charter.net.

Thank you.
    Paul Kohn
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

paul gets my full support, without reservation

paul, once a week isn't enough, we need [strike]masochis...[/strike] volunteers who log in umpteen times a day...

rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

Gooooooo Paul! Good luck fella! I think your name suits the orange much better anyway
    pkstormy ftw
    George
    Home | Blog

Thank you very much for the support r937/georgev! I actually do get on this forum several times a day but there are some weeks where I need to take a break from any code/questions for a few days. In all honesty, I probably average getting on this forum every other day but when I'm on it, I'm on it most of the day (but I don't really keep track.) I wouldn't be able to devote every day so if it's as r937 says and you need someone daily, I wouldn't be able to do it (does r937's post mean I don't qualify?).

I'm still not sure what is all involved with being a moderator and if I am decided to be one, I want to make sure I could do my fair share. Are there moderator rules? Is there a time-frame when you know one way or another? Am I notified of the decision by email or on this board somewhere?

Either way, it's nice to hear the kind words.
    Last edited by pkstormy; 05-30-07 at 20:56.

You name is (a funny?) orange dude!!
    kongratchoolayshons!
    Last edited by gvee; 05-31-07 at 10:06. Reason: A funny orange?
    George
    Home | Blog

PK are my initials and Stormy is the name of my cat (hence PKStormy). But if you want to call me orange dude, that's ok too.

Paul - pop into the mod forum. I've been trying to contact you
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Hey Pootle Flump (or Dan?),

Sorry but I just saw this post. Am I missing something because I can't see the mod forum? Just the dbforums staff forum. I have a feeling I'm missing PM's there. I hope no one thinks I'm avoiding them but you know, I'm new to this mod thing.

So come on then Paul, what's it like having the powers of orange?
    You ceratinly seem to be on here much more often - good on your for devoting some of your time to helping others
    George
    Home | Blog