Thread: Cache Binding

Exclamation Unanswered: Cache Binding

Hi good people,

Am having pressing issues with my database. While processing end of day tasks one particular task appears to be taking to long to process..Curently it’s taking 2Hrs:45Min.....I have done full maintenance on all the database objects been referred by the task...This includes dropping and recreating the index, reorg-rebuild, update statistics and recompiling. But the situation has not improved....

All these object have also been appended to a data cache....I have been advised to redistribute the objects in different data caches to reduce contention......will this have a significant effect?...

Kindly assist because I will be implementing this solution in the next 8Hrs and I need a second opinion on the proposed solution...thanks

Splitting the cache may help - but I would start by looking at the query plans to see if there isn't a problem with one of the indexes (or lack of an index).

Otherwise - you can create named caches and bind objects to these caches as needed - see the sp_cacheconfig stored procedure documentation.

Michael

Thumbs up Splitting Cache Allotment

Thanks for the confirmation Michael, the task accually dropped to 50Min...Many thanks

Alex