Red face Unanswered: Look up table problems

I am having a problem with Paradox 9 running under XP pro SP 2. When I go to restructure a table and add a table look up for a field I get an "unexpected general protection fault" message and an <abort> or <OK> choice to close close window. After selecting <OK> the window just closes and Paradox continues. Select <abort> and I get a runtime error message 216 at 00002E28 and after OKing that a runtime error mesage 216 at 00071D6C and then Paradox shuts down.

Paradox restarts OK and I think everything else is working.

Anyone got any suggestions? I have reloaded Paradox from CD and tried the install update option as well but it does not correct the fault. I wanted to do a complete uninstall but Paradox does not appear under Control Panel/add&remove programs listing and the CD does not have an uninstall option.

Finally I am sure this was working several months ago! I don't know what I have done in the meantime that might have caused this problem.
    Last edited by Piper2007; 05-29-07 at 15:41.

Are you sure that both the tables, the one you're restructuring and the one you're linking to, are in good shape? Have you tried the table repair from the Tools menu?
    The only failure is not trying to do it.

Thanks for your suggestion. I have already checked the tables and they both verify OK. The General Protection fault error window comes up as soon as one selects the table look up tab in Tools/Utilities/Restructure. i.e. before one even has specified a look up table. Can you suggest anything else I could check?
    Last edited by Piper2007; 06-12-07 at 17:54.

You can also check the length of the path of the folder you are working in, or the path the alias you're using points to.

Long paths are known to cause problems; you can also try to update to the latest BDE, which i think is 5.2.2, can be found on the net.
    The only failure is not trying to do it.