Unanswered: Return Query to Form

Hello All,

I am fairly new to Access and am running into a slight problem. I have a form that has a drop down list where a user selects which lift station he wants. He also enters in how many hours that lift station was operating for that day. I have a query based on this Lift Station selection and a pump rate table. The query returns the pump rate for the selected Lift Station (see form.doc)
    form.doc

I want to take the result from the Query (Pump1Pumprate) and multiply it by Pump #1 Total Hours * 60 to get Pump #1 Volume. If I use the expression builder with my Query selected, I get the #Name? message in the Pump #1 Volume box (see expression.doc)
    expression.doc

I hope I have given enough info. What am I doing wrong?

I thank you in advance for any help you can give,

Daniel

Is there a way you can zip and upload your db so we can take a look at it?

Here is the MBD engineering.zip

Thanks for looking it over.

Daniel

I just took a look at the db. How come you have so many queries that do not do anything? It seems unnecessary to me. I'm still looking at your current issue though.

You are right. The only queries that really need to be there are PumpRate1 and PumpRate2. The others were just created as tests that I failed to remove.

Ok, I think I found the solution with dlookup. In the Pump #1 Volume field of the first record it will display the correct pump rate. However, this same figure is displayed in all records.

my control source for this field is: =DLookUp("[Pump1PumpRate]","[PumpRate1]")

my default value for this field is exactly the same.

What do I need to do to update this field with the correct value?

thanks for the help

Provided Answers: 6
    Well, you've told it to look up a pump rate in the PumpRate1 table/query. You haven't asked it to look for any particular one, so it just grabs the first one.

http://www.mvps.org/access/general/gen0018.htm
    Paul

I got it figured out by setting the control source
    =DLookUp("[Pump1PumpRate]","[Lift_Station]","[Lift_Station]![LiftName]= [PumpRecords]![Lift Station]")

I thank you all for your help,

Daniel