Thread: Mouse Wheel

Unanswered: Mouse Wheel

Anyone know of a quick and easy way to disable the mouse wheel scrolling from going to the next or previous record on a form?

I got one answer from another forum but the guys were trying to make me program my own ActiveX control and then do a bunch of other stuff.

check out this website.
    Me.Geek = True

Gracias! Thanks! Appreciate it!

Provided Answers: 19
    That's assuming you're not running Access 2007! It has it's own function to handle this! And about time, too! But otherwise Stephen's beautiful hack is the way to go!

Be sure to read/heed these lines:

You will then need to import into your own MDB the standard code module "modMouseHook" found in the sample MDB included in the download zip file.
    About one out of three people don't, and it won't work without it!
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Provided Answers: 10
    If you are opening a bound form to show just one record then by far the easiest method is to change the cycle property on a bound form to "current record"
    Properties >> Other >> Cycle
    Or refer to the help file
    George
    Home | Blog

Provided Answers: 19
    Quote Originally Posted by georgev
    If you are opening a bound form to show just one record then by far the easiest method is to change the cycle property on a bound form to "current record" Properties >> Other >> Cycle
    Or refer to the help file
    Setting the Cycle Property to Current Record will keep <Tab> or <Enter> from cycling to the next record, but it will not keep the mouse wheel from doing so! Set up a form and try it! If it were that easy, it wouldn't have been a problem since '97!
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

I did the import on the db example and it works. I'll probably set the "cycle" property also to do the same thing.

This database will be migrated over to 2007 but I just don't know when. It really depends on when the DoD mandates the switch. As for now, I know on my home machine, there are issues with the security (just like ActiveX in IE) though. I have to find a way around that cause that's irritating me.

Provided Answers: 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Missinglinq
    Setting the Cycle Property to Current Record will keep <Tab> or <Enter> from cycling to the next record, but it will not keep the mouse wheel from doing so! Set up a form and try it! If it were that easy, it wouldn't have been a problem since '97!
    I use Access 2000 and 2003 and it works for me [ominous]...[/ominous]

Knocked up a quick example; open form with filter
    Code:
    DoCmd.OpenForm "SearchTable", acNormal, , "UniqueID = " & Me.SearchResults.Value
    And on the form "SearchTable" I set the cycle property to "Current Record" and I can't get to any more records!
    George
    Home | Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Missinglinq

I set the cycle record property on the form and now tab only takes the users to the next field to populate! That's awesome! I am trying to make this db like 'idiot proof' to where they can't mess it up like they did the last one!

**Someone decided to pull the plug out of my machine which ran everything (printers, scanners, shares) without shutting the machine down properly. Corrupted EVERY file on the hdd. That was when I left one base to go to another then they were all calling me as to what happened? and can I fix it! IDIOTAS!**