Question Unanswered: stop automatic upgrade

I have a problem. We currently have a number of Access 97 databases. We are planning to upgrade a small number of users to Access 2003 to access a new application. We are not in a position to upgrade all the users (3000) that are currently using access 97. My problem is that a number of the databases are used by all the users and I need a method of blocking the 2003 access users from upgrading the 97 databases. I do not (and will not) rely on the users saying no to an upgrade prompt. Any body have any ideas.
    Bill
    You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

As long as the users of Access 2003 have the ability to access the databases, it will always prompt them to convert the databases. However, from my experience, when converting from Access 97 or 2000, it always asks you to save it as a new file name, so it'll be a completely new database to its entirety. They won't be able to get the original.

I don't know if splitting the database will work so that they have the forms on their local machine in Access 2003 and the tables / guts of it back in Access 97.

having multiple copies of the database would be very bad. It is a shared system. I was hopping for a registry flag or a database security flag that would tell aceess 2003 to not do the update.
    Bill
    You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.