Thread: security issues

Unanswered: security issues

when i click at security profile one message pop pup "The group security setting that apply to this machine could not be determined.The error return when trying to retrieve these setting form the local security policy database (%windir%\security \database\secedit.sdb ) was. The parameter is incorrect.

All local security setting we be displayed,but no indication will be given as to whether or not a given security setting is defined by group policy.

Any local security setting modified thought this user interface may subsequently be overriden-lever policies.

If you need a good response naz I suggest you explain a little better what your trying to do and what your trying to do it with.

Bear in mind this is a security related question and is also your first Post

GW
    "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." - Albert Einstein
    "Everything should be made as complex as possible, so I look Cleverer." - Application Developer

the security database is corrupted

when i try to change policies at windows server 2003 one message pop pup

""The group security setting that apply to this machine could not be determined.The error return when trying to retrieve these setting form the local security policy database (%windir%\security \database\secedit.sdb ) was. The parameter is incorrect.

All local security setting we be displayed,but no indication will be given as to whether or not a given security setting is defined by group policy.

Any local security setting modified thought this user interface may subsequently be overriden-lever policies.
    Edit/Delete Message "

then i try solve the problem by microsoft troublesooting but the problem cant solve.my step

1. Click Start, and then click Run.
    2. In the Open box, type the following, and then press ENTER:
    esentutl /p systemroot\security\database\secedit.sd
    but still can solve i need help for this problem.