Unanswered: TNS-12516 TNS:listener could not find instance with matching protocol stack

Hello! I was wondering if there is anyone who has experienced the problem I am about to explain and hopefully help in providing a solution! Here goes...

I have a 10g Oracle database on Windows 2003 SE 64 bit server. I experience the error TNS-12516 when I try to create a new connection i.e. Toad after 30 mins or so. I have been monitoring this problem and been researching the issue but not found a resolution. I have found that when all the available processes have been used and are not released this error occurs. The OMS takes majority of the processes causing the error and these processes are inactive and not released! I have increased the number of processes but the same problem occurs eventually. Can anyone help in identifying what the problem is here? Not sure who to solve this one! Any help will be much appreciated...

I have noticed when I stop the DBConsole service, all the OMS processes die and I can access the database. However, when this is started the problem re-occurs. Also, the OEM gives the following message "Enterprise Manager is not able to connect to the database instance. The state of the components are listed below." however the Instance, Listener and Agent Connection to Instance all show as up and runnning, I can not therefore use the full functionailty of OEM to perform any diagnostics...this may be of some help in troubleshooting this problem further??