Unanswered: SYSMAN OMS Processes

Hi,

In relation to a previous post (TNS-12516 error posted 30/05/07), has anyone come across an issue where the user SYSMAN has many inactive process for OMS program, in fact all avaliable processes are taken up over a small time-frame giving a TNS-12516 error when you try to make a connection (for example via Toad) after all processes have been taken. In stopping the DBconsole service all these processes are killed and processes made available again. Also, when you open OEM you get the message "Enterprise Manager is not able to connect to the database instance. The state of the components are listed below." but the Instance, Listener and Agent Connection to Instance are showing up and running (you can see the up and green arrow!). Not sure why this is occuring and have researched but can not find a solution!!

Oracle 10g 10.2.0.1.0

There are 2 Oracle instances independantly running on this server. I have OracleServiceA and OracleServiceB, also OracleDBConsoleA and OracleDBConsoleB. This info maybe of help!

Any help would be most appreciated...Thanks!

Too many OMS processes

hello,
    i am experiencing the same kind of situation and I would like to know what answer you got to solve that problem.
    OS= Windows server 2003
    Oracle = 10.2.0.3
    Thanks
    Last edited by ledomi; 10-08-08 at 12:00.

Any fix information

Is there any fix information for this problem?

Running 11g on Win2k8 x64...can post alert & trace logs if helpful, but just seeing if anyone knows immediately what causes this first...

Cool Possible solution

Quote Originally Posted by dsehmby View Post
    Hi,

In relation to a previous post (TNS-12516 error posted 30/05/07), has anyone come across an issue where the user SYSMAN has many inactive process for OMS program, in fact all avaliable processes are taken up over a small time-frame giving a TNS-12516 error when you try to make a connection (for example via Toad) after all processes have been taken. In stopping the DBconsole service all these processes are killed and processes made available again. Also, when you open OEM you get the message "Enterprise Manager is not able to connect to the database instance. The state of the components are listed below." but the Instance, Listener and Agent Connection to Instance are showing up and running (you can see the up and green arrow!). Not sure why this is occuring and have researched but can not find a solution!!

Oracle 10g 10.2.0.1.0

There are 2 Oracle instances independantly running on this server. I have OracleServiceA and OracleServiceB, also OracleDBConsoleA and OracleDBConsoleB. This info maybe of help!

Any help would be most appreciated...Thanks!
    I encountered this problem a few days back. I noticed that the database Control - database name URL couldn't connect to the database (OEM). So i reconfigured it using the emctl command. It all works great now..
    All the Sysman processes are at a healthy amount now.

I realize this is an old post, but it is the first one that came when i was searching for an answer. so i posted my solution here

Here is one of the link of the post for the command to reconfigure em
    OraFAQ Forum: Enterprise Manager Enterprise Manager is not able to connect to the database instance

This indeed worked for me/

Sorry this is the wrong quote - I meant the solution by dsehmby worked for me!

Quote Originally Posted by shredtacular View Post
    Is there any fix information for this problem?

Running 11g on Win2k8 x64...can post alert & trace logs if helpful, but just seeing if anyone knows immediately what causes this first...
    I have Oracle 11g Enterprise on Windows 2012R2 and it indeed worked for me. I still don't know why the dbconsole service decided to open so many connections and how to fix it but at lease I know where the connections were coming from. I disabled the dbconsole for the mean time and I will repost as soon as I have more insights

Cheers
    GCR