Job ID: NTI67384

Title: Data Modeler

Type: Full-time position

Contact: Daniel Barber. 610-847-2143. email dbarber@nichetech.com

Description
This is a data modeler position for a business intelligence environment.

Responsibilities
Responsible for designing data models for Business Intelligence needs.

Overview
Based on the size of the project, the data modeler will be required to work with clients/end users in gathering requirements, analyzing the requirements, designing the reporting database, develop ETL specifications, work with Oracle developers and DBAs to implement the model, act as design and data expert for the duration of the project for BI developers, and work with clients during testing.

Qualifications required
• Essential is 2+ years of data modeling experience with at least one complete life-cycle implementation experience in a Business Intelligence/Data Warehousing environment
• Knowledge of various data modeling methodologies including relational and dimensional.
• Experience with data modeling tools such as Erwin or ER Studio
• Experience creating ETL specifications
• Proficiency in Oracle
• Good knowledge of SQL and an understanding of PL/SQL
• Experience working with clients during the requirements and testing phases
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Within a reasonable commuting distance to NY City (midtown)

Qualifications desired
• Exposure to Business Intelligence tools such as Business Objects, Actuate, Hyperion Reports, Hyperion Analyzer, etc.
• Experience designing multi-dimensional databases or cubes
• Knowledge of object-oriented designing, and use of tools like Rational Rose

Compensation & Benefits
Starting salary is based on qualifications and experience. Compensation includes an annual IT bonus.

The employer offers a comprehensive benefits package (details on request), is stable, well known, and provides a friendly and relaxed working environment with a business casual dress code. Emphasis is placed on quality of life with a healthy balance between home and work.

I have placed several IT professionals with this department over the past years, and can speak in-depth about the company, culture, department, etc. Here is what one IT pro has to say about working with this company:

“Niche Technologists placed me in a great company, one of those rare companies who really do care about their employees. I’m working with most of the senior IT management on a weekly basis which is great – all are very well-heeled in their professions. My manager is a great boss and funny. I could not ask for a better environment in which to be.”