Question Unanswered: Good way to open the previous form...?

Hi,

I want to create a ‘back to previous form’ facility that fires when a user closes the current form, they are taken back to the form that they were last in. There is more than one ‘route’ to the current form so it’s not as simple as adding in an Open Form “A” to the on close event of Form B.

I wondered if calling a global variable that captures the previous form name would work however I’m not sure of the code to do this. Can anyone help with some code suggestions or can you suggest another way to do this?

Cheers

I'm not sure, but I am guessing you can set it through a global variable to 'record current form name', then the command button would 'look for that variable' upon being clicked and then open that form. You'd have to store the form names in the global variable event and that variable would have to be put into the "onload" or "onopen" event of EVERY form in your database.

***This is just a stab in the dark, I am probably wrong but it sounds logical.

I'm trying to look and see if the books I have at work have an answer for you and I will share if I find it.

Thanks, that sounds very logical to me and what I thought would work. Just not sure of the code to do it. Would be really grateful if you manage to find anything, I'll keep checking at this end as well.