Unanswered: Changing the size limit of a report

I am trying to create a report that is basically a data dump of everything in the DB. So about 1000 fields and lables and all the associated data. Everytime I try to create the report I either run out of room or Access tells me I have to much data. Is there an easy/creative way to have the application run multiple reports and have it create on report for a end user. I have very little experience with VB and I am not sure if you can merge RTF files into one document. Any ideas are welcome!!

I used this product called FMSAccessAnalyzer (but it is pricey). It was a very nice tool for analyzing large tables and creating reports.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

Provided Answers: 59
    If I remember rightly Access has a limit of 256 elements in a query, so if you want to report all 1000+ columns then your are going to have to be creative and use a series of sub reports

it will probably be quite messy, but then again I doubt a 1000 column report in any DB front end report will be anything but messy.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

The FMSAccessAnalyzer doesn't really have a limitation. It's an access app itself. Does some pretty cool stuff like searching though table names, queries, etc to search for text you give it. It's designed to be a utility to help developers understand other developer's MSAccess applications.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

depending on your goal, you could fudge it with appended fields or just run a dump of each table individually.
    What is your goal?

Over all Goal

My overall goal is to get all the client data into one word document. Basically a data dump of all fields. Does anyone know if it is possible to append/merge individual reports into one main report?

i cant believe you want to print out 100s of pages you'll never look at again

Why not just export the underlying query to a spreasdsheet, and keep that.

I'm with Gemma. This seems like a bad solution to some other problem.
    That said, maybe you could use Crystal or actuate.

Found a Solution

I agree with everyone above but of course we still have some areas of business that require paper reports and believe it or not they actualy use them all the time.

In order to accomidate this I had to create a sub reports for each section of reporting I was working with. Once all the subreports were created I was able to create a main report. In the main report I had to create a grouping and use my key id as the first group then add a second group with =1 in the field expression and set the group footer to yes and group interval as 1.

After setting this up it was a simple as dragging and dropping the subreports in the order I want them to appear.

Not the best solution but I found a way to put a ton of data into on report.

To think the report is only about 31 pages.

Thanks for all your help.