Thread: Parameter Query

Question Unanswered: Parameter Query

I need to create a parameter query and have run into a problem. Here is the set up. I have an ODBC connection to a helpdesk database. I need to run a query that prompts for the input of two fields, start_date and close_date. To summarize, I need to run a report for tickets opened and closed between 5/1/07 and 5/29/07 (opened and closed being two different fields). The date fields in the origin database is a time date field, so I have used an expression to "crop" the time portion off of both fields. But I can figure out how to run a parameter query to ask for dates between two fields. Can anyone help?

Criteria: Between [Type the beginning date] And [Type the ending date]

Quote Originally Posted by blondeveloper
    Criteria: Between [Type the beginning date] And [Type the ending date]

make sure that when you do this, you put the ' # ' sign infront and behind the dates. it should read like this :

#05/01/2007# & #05/30/2007#

That won't work because the start date is a different field from the close date. Thanks for trying though.

are you trying to pull records where open date is between date1 and date2 AND close date is between date1 and date2

or

open date = date1 and close date = date2

or something else

Rogue, It would be the second one. All records opened = date 1 and closed = date 2. Any suggestions.

sounds like the problem is the date conversion

try using format(oracle_date_field,"mm/dd/yyy") or whatever the format of the user input date field is

if your having an issue with the applying the criteria....

in the query grid use the above format on the open date, in the criteria line put [enter open date]

do the same for close date using [enter close date] in the criteria (make sure your criteria are on the same line and define the data type for your parameters)