This position provides Java development and maintenance functions to support current and future software applications. It requires independent work and there is a great deal of interaction between different groups so excellent interpersonal and communications skills are necessary.

• Maintaining current production applications and implementing code corrections for errors
• Developing new Java applications, and assisting in the database design
• Providing support and training to users on applications developed
• Enhancing current Java-based applications as new requirements are identified

• 4 year degree or equivalent experience
• 4 or more years Java programming experience in a corporate environment
• Well versed with Java SE and Java Swing GUI
• J2EE
• Java JDBC and Oracle database
• Sun Solaris
• Familiar with computer networking
• After hours support and travel. The travel is very light. 24x7 support if any software problems (it appears after hours support is shared with 2 other IT professionals in this group).

Competitive starting base salary based on qualifications. Excellent benefits plan (details on request).

Below are quotes from two IT professionals I recently placed with this client:
“Niche Technologists placed me in a great company, one of those rare companies who really do care about their employees. I’m working with most of the senior IT management on a weekly basis which is great – all are very well-heeled in their professions. My manager is a great boss and funny. I could not ask for a better environment in which to be.”

The second quote:
“It was a pleasure dealing with Niche Technologies and Dan Barber during my job search. I have been working in the IT field for about 8 years now and there are very few recruiting firms like Niche who not only know exactly what the job requires, but are also able to give insight into the people and culture when going for interviews.

“I also found Dan Barber to be an honest and down- to-earth person - never hyping the job, just giving the plain and simple facts along with tips for the particular role I was looking for. Needless to say, I found a great position in an excellent Fortune 100 company thanks to Niche Tech."