Unanswered: CREATE VIEW issue

I have a role, let's call it db_role that has been granted CREATE VIEW, CREATE SESSION, and SELECT on tables 'A', 'B', and 'C'. I've assigned this role to a user, let's call him 'db_user'.

So, here's the weird thing. db_user can log into the database and select from any of the tables I've granted him permission to, but he can only create a view on table A. Whenever he tries to create a view on tables B or C he gets:

"ORA-01031: insufficient privileges
    Cause:An attempt was made to change the current username or password without the appropriate privilege. This error also occurs if attemptin to install a database without the necessary operating system privileges.
    When Trusted Oracle is configure in DBMS MAC, this error may occur if the user was granted the necessary privilege at a higher label than the current login."

This is mind boggling. I can't figure out why this might be happening. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Narwe; 06-05-07 at 21:00.

Where the Surf Meets the Turf @Del Mar, CA
    Provided Answers: 1
    CUT & PASTE is your/our friend!
    Here is what I think is true. You have a problem & can't explain why.
    I suspect you mis-reported the error you are getting; not "ORA-0131", but likely ORA-01031.
    Unless & until you post (via CUT & PASTE) a complete and actual SQL*Plus session, nobody can really help you.
    Yes, it should work & since it does not, I have to conclude the cause is PEBKAC.
    BTW- which schema(s) own tables A, B, & C?
    You can lead some folks to knowledge, but you can not make them think.
    The average person thinks he's above average!
    For most folks, they don't know, what they don't know.
    Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

Yes, sorry, I miswrote the error code. This entire problem culminated from a rather frustrating and long session of attempting to create and test users and roles for my database, which is why I didn't think to cut and paste any particular session. I will paste a session tomorrow when I get back to the office.

For now I can tell you that three schemas are involved. The first schema created the roles, users, and their privileges, the second schema created the tables in question, and the third schema created the views on the tables.