Unanswered: Changing fields without user intervention

I have a form that grabs a total from a subform and this works fine.
    But I need the total to be placed into another field and calculate VAT, etc...

How would this be done, as the AfterUpdate event only appears to work on the manual user input update rather than computer update (know what i mean).

If I take it from the Total box which is grabbed from a subform then it appears to be one steop behind with its calculations? Why is this and anyone know how to make calculations on the form linked to fields.

so, you have a subform with some values that are totaled up within that subform and you want to send that total out to the form and have some more calculations performed there, is that right?

I would also store the VAT Amounts along with the Net Amounts. The Invoicing process as an example should do all the necessary calculations and if you were to produce the next stage, the Actual Invoice, then this just "presents" the product of the invoicing processing.

Simon

my thoughts exactly. i have created unbound fields on the main form linked to the subform (which performs the necessary calculations), then when i close the record it copies the figures from the unbound fields into the actual fields (eg: unbound cboVat to VAT field). This works well and means every change on the subform gets INSTANTLY changed on the main form.
    Thanks.