Unanswered: Where did the salvage option for BUTIL go?

I have been looking for a way to detect corruption in a Btrieve table and found an old Netware document that refers to using "BUTIL -salvage". However, I am using Pervasive.SQL 8.6 and the BUTIL utility that comes with it no longer has a "salvage" option for the BUTIL tool.

Does anyone know what happened to this option/feature?
    What can I do alternatively to conduct such a test on one or more btrieve tables in Pervasive.SQl 8.6???

Cheers
    -K

Provided Answers: 4
    In my experience with Btrieve, when I get corruption I don't need a separate utility to tell me. I find that I get status 2 or, in extreme cases, status 30 errors.

Are you seeing any errors? Do you believe your files are corrupt? If so, why do you feel that way?

I haven't seen the -salvage since before Btrieve v6.15. I even checked one of my old copies of Btrieve for DOS v5.10 and it wasn't there.

How you detect corrupt depends on your definition of corruption. For example, I've had customers that felt that data display issues were the result of corruption when they were really the result of a bad application.
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    http://www.mirtheil.com
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.