Unanswered: Help with calculations in Paradox

I need Paradox to know if a number divides easily by another number with no remainder. For example, 100 divides by 25, but 125 does not divide by 50 and I need to catch these things before a report is printed or even created.

Years ago when I used to program with BASIC, I could do something like: if x/y = int(x/y) then everything is good. Is there some function like this in Paradox? My help file doesn't work.

I also was wondering why my Paradox crashes whenever I try to edit a formula in a report. I can create a formula from scratch but whenever I edit it it crashes.

The solution you propose functions perfectly well in paradox!
    The only failure is not trying to do it.

Yeah, I got that figured out. I was trying to use a field with a calculated formula but I was using 'if' instead of 'iif'. I think that was the problem but whatever the case it works.

Does anyone have problems with Paradox crashing when editing a formula in a report? Mine does and it also doesn't close down properly. Gives an error message every time. Maybe it has something to do with Windows Vista, but I think I had that problem (with the editing) before with XP too.

Is there some way to edit the formula through the object explorer instead of the define field dialogue?

You can try to alter the formula programmatically with opal code, apart from that i think there's no other way.

Have you tried setting another printer as the default printer in windows before loading pdox and editing the report? In many cases this has prevented this kind of errors. Also, what version of padox do you have? Apart from pdx9 SP4 which should be avoided, upgrade to the latest SP.
    The only failure is not trying to do it.