Unanswered: can't submit the form

hi..
    i'm using js to submit the form that i have,
    my php code is
    Code:
    for($i=0; $i<$period; $i++)
                             {
                                  print "<form name= \"bookAppointment$i\" id= \"bookAppointment\" action= \"../action/bookAppointment.php\" method= \"GET\">";
                                  print "<tr>";     
                                  print "<td class= \"textCenter\">";
                                  print $time;
                                  print "</td>";
                                  $query_view_appointment= "select a.appId, a.timeFrom, s.sname, p.pname, ata.appTypeName, asa.appStatName";
                                  $query_view_appointment2 =" where a.staffId='$staffId' and a.staffId=s.staffId and a.date= '$date' and a.timeFrom ='$time' and a.patientId=p.patientId and a.appStatId=asa.appStatId and a.appTypeId=ata.appTypeId";
                                  $query_view_appointment.= $query_view_appointment1.$query_view_appointment2;
                                   $result= safe_query($query_view_appointment);

while (list($appId, $timeFrom, $sname, $pname, $appTypeName, $appStatName)= mysql_fetch_array($result))
                                  {

?>
                                        <a href= "staff.php?staffId=<?php echo $sname?>"><?php echo $sname ?></a>
                                    <?php
                                      print "</td>";
                                    ?>
                                            <a href= "patient.php?patientId=<?php echo $patientId?>"><?php echo $pname ?></a>
                                    <?php
                                      print "</td>";
                                      print $appTypeName;
                                      print "</td>";
                                      print "<select name= \"appStatName\" class= \"textBox\">";
                                      $result_app_stat = safe_query("SELECT appStatName FROM appointment_status");

while (list($appStatName1)= mysql_fetch_array($result_app_stat))
                                           {
                                           print "<option name= \"$appStatName1\" value= \"$appStatName1\">$appStatName1</option>";

}
                                      print "</select>";
                                      print "</td>";
                                      print "<input type= \"hidden\" name= \"staffId\" value= \"$staffId\">";
                                      print "<input type= \"hidden\" name= \"patientId\" value= \"$patientId\">";
                                      print "<input type= \"hidden\" name= \"date\" value= \"$date\">";
                                      print "<input type= \"hidden\" name= \"time\" value= \"$time\">";
                                      print "<input type= \"hidden\" name= \"page\" value= \"changeStatus\">";
                                      print "<a href= \"javascript: submitForm()\"> Change </a> ";
                                      print "</td>";
                                  }   
                                   print "</tr>";
                                    print "</form>";
                            }
    i don't know what's wrong with this code, but the javascript doesn't work..
    this is my js code:
    Code:
    function submitForm()
    {
        document.getElementbyID("form").submit();
    }
    can anyone help me with this?
    thank's alot for your attention..

It seems fairly obvious that you haven't given your submitForm function the ID of the form. You've given it the string "form" but that does not correspond to an ID of any elements in the DOM. You might want to try giving it the right ID

Code:
    function submitForm() {
        document.getElementbyID("bookAppointment").submit();
    }

Looking at your code a little further it seems that you are creating a form element up to $period times. Thus giving yourself (if period is 3)
    Code:
    <form name= "bookAppointment0" id="bookAppointment">
    </form>
    <form name= "bookAppointment1" id="bookAppointment">
    </form>
    <form name= "bookAppointment2" id="bookAppointment">
    </form>
    Question : now when someone submits the form using the submitForm() javascript function which DOM element is it going to use (and thus submit), seeing as all three of the ones above have the same ID...

Might be worth rethinking where your loop works, or alternatively if you don't want to put the loop inside the form element (i've just given you a hint there) consider how you might tell the submitForm function which DOM object it's submitting.