Provided Answers: 1

Unanswered: SQL Server 2000 performance

Good day,

Very recently my sql server started performing very poorly. Nothing has been installed or loaded on it to cause the poor response. What ever I do, from running a query to opening windows explorer response well, all very slow and very often query time out, ones that took a few second to run before.

The CPU usage and memory usage do not indicate anything specific. Is there some way I can pin point specifically what database or query or job is causing the problem.

Please can someone help me, this is VERY urgent, our production is suffering huge, and a reload is not an option as I can't get a backup of the databases as they also time out.

PLEASE HELP!!

Provided Answers: 6
    this could be a lot of things. have you determined wether these are connection timeouts or query time outs. have you reindexed the database in question? look at dbcc showcontig and dbcc dbreindex in books online.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.