Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unanswered: How to convert xls file to PDF

hi everybody...i need help..

hi..
    i've a problem...i want source code how to convert excel file to acrobat reader mean file PDF... i've a form in excel that using macro now i want make a button that prompt yes no msg box when user click yes all information that they fill in the form convert in pdf file and save in one folder can you help me...???

thank you...
    Last edited by akuccputsedut; 06-14-07 at 22:12.
    **akuccputsedut**
    Intelligent is Me!!But a little confusing
    sometimes needs HELP!!

Quote Originally Posted by akuccputsedut
    hi everybody...i need help..

hi..
    i've a problem...i want source code how to convert excel file to acrobat reader mean file PDF... i've a form in excel that using macro now i want make a button that prompt yes no msg box when user click yes all information that they fill in the form convert in pdf file and save in one folder can you help me...???

thank you...

I am first going to have to ask if you have Acrobat Pro because I am sure that the Reader (free version) does not allow you to create a PDF, ONLY read them.

So you'd have to have Adobe Acrobat Pro or another program that'll convert like Word/Excel/PowerPoint to PDF.

Do you have any of these?

i know about that..

yes i know i must have acrobat reader pro...but right now i dont have that yet...so, what i must do??can i convert to another such as microsoft word or i must have acrobat reader pro too to convert to word...

If i have acrobat reader pro and convert my form in pdf file i'm thinking if the others that don't have acrobat reader pro in their PC can using my form or not...???

if can convert to microsoft word or word pad can you help me how to convert it...because i must have something to record what user have fill in my form...

thank's
    **akuccputsedut**
    sometimes needs HELP!!

yes i know i must have acrobat reader pro...but right now i dont have that yet...so, what i must do??can i convert to another such as microsoft word or i must have acrobat reader pro too to convert to word...

If i have acrobat reader pro and convert my form in pdf file i'm thinking if the others that don't have acrobat reader pro in their PC can using my form or not...???

if can convert to microsoft word or word pad can you help me how to convert it...because i must have something to record what user have fill in my form...

thank's

If you convert the files to Adobe Reader (PDF), the person who you send the files to will not be able to read the contents unless they too had the Adobe Reader program. This program is free and you can download it at www.adobe.com . However, you still need to have Adobe Acrobat Professional to directly make PDF files, or at least a piece of software that will convert other files (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) files to Adobe PDF.

I will look for the way to try to use VBE code for the convert but I'm not sure that you can do it through coding. I think the only thing that you can do is buy a conversion software or Adobe Acrobat Professional (approximately like $600.00 US last time I checked).

But you can look into the following software to add to your machine which should do what you want:

Neevia Technology docuPrinter LT http://www.neevia.com/?gclid=CK_-g6uh3owCFQlQWAodSTzD7g

InvestinTech Sonic PDF Creator 2.0 (I have used this) http://www.investintech.com/?gclid=C...FQ-SIwod2QnJyA

**Both of these programs add a virtual printer to your computer so when you print the MS Excel workbook or sheet, you select the 'virtual printer' and then it'll save the document where you want it in a PDF format.

I will try to keep looking though for you to see if you can do it through VBE.

Zeon Docucom PDF print driver. You "Print" to a PDF File. $50-100, depending on the version. It comes with a MS Office menu addon that converts the file to pdf without "printing."

CutePDF is another PDF print driver. It has a free version, or you can pay for a version with more features. If you don't need to programatically control the file name, it will work for you.

You can also install a postscript print driver, print to a postscript file, then use the ps2pdf converter from ghostscript to convert the postscript file to a pdf file. (This is what CutePDF automates.) This approach allows you to have more control than you can get with cutePDF (but for $0, as opposed to the Zeon product)
    Last edited by loquin; 06-15-07 at 20:33.
    Lou
    使大吃一惊
    "Lisa, in this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!" - Homer Simpson
    "I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them!" - Bette Middler
    "It's a book about a Spanish guy named Manual. You should read it." - Dilbert

thank's

After doing a fair amount of research to try to figure out a solution to your problem, to use VBE, to get to print Excel into PDF, the programs that myself and Loquin are the only ways. You cannot use VBE to make Excel go to PDF.

Provided Answers: 10
    I think Grafixx01 means "VBA" not "VBE".
    VBA stands for: Visual Basic for Applications
    George
    Home | Blog

Quote Originally Posted by georgev
    I think Grafixx01 means "VBA" not "VBE".
    VBA stands for: Visual Basic for Applications
    Yeah, I know this. I meant VBE though only cause I know some people just simply refer to VBA as "Visual Basic for Access" and then others will be like "VBE" for "Visual Basic for Excel"...

THOUGH I know they are the same and it's Visual Basic for Applications. Don't ask, I've fought with people saying its VBA (Applications) and they insist its "Access".

No need to fight. Just point them to the source - MSDN/Microsoft

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/isv/bb190540.aspx

is one of about a bazillion MS links that state that the "A" stands for "Applications"
    Lou
    使大吃一惊
    "Lisa, in this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!" - Homer Simpson
    "I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them!" - Bette Middler
    "It's a book about a Spanish guy named Manual. You should read it." - Dilbert

yeah..a bundle of thank's for all of you...i'll already download the acrobat pro and it's so easier to convert my form to pdf...thank's ya...!!!
    **akuccputsedut**
    sometimes needs HELP!!

I find a good tool online:Moyea PPT to PDF Converter ---- PDF creator
    It can convert Word,Excel and PowerPoint to PDF formats,really a powerful and strong software.Hopefully you like it.

If you are using office version 2007 you can go to

Download details: 2007 Microsoft Office Add-in: Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS

and install it and then you can save any office document in a PDF or XPS file by saving file as.

Re: Excel to PDF

This post was very helpful, but I found a program to be quite useful, especially in business. At my work we use this program that quickly and painlessly converts my excel documents into pdf, taking away agonizing hours of manually entering all the information (such as statistics, invoices, etc.). It provides my business a simple way to make individualized statements for our business associates. Check it out here: Excel to PDF

try this converter

Instead of doing the coding and then handling the error i would recommend you to use this excel to pdf converter it allows you to convert excel files to other formats also and you can also convert all MS Office documents to any other formats using java, .net etc languages. All the best.

Provided Answers: 54
    Ghostscript is free and easy.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.