Unanswered: quicky - loss data when swap from datasheet to continous form

Hi
    I've got a subform on a main form. When I have it as a datasheet all the info is there. If I want a continuous form, however, the info isn't shown. The controls are empty. The only info displayed is in the ID.

I'm sure this there is a quick answer but I can't find it!
    any ideas would be great!
    Thanks

check the source on your fields in form view of the subform, would be my suggestion.

Is the subform's "DateEntry" property set to Yes? (No, disregard...then you wouldn't see the data in a datasheet view either.) Is there any code such as docmd.gotorecord,,acnewrec on the subform's open event. Or any other code on the form/subform's OnLoad/OnOpen event?
    Last edited by pkstormy; 06-15-07 at 11:20.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

No other code. I think it may have been the source table which was a lookup table, combo. i've played around with it and it is now just a normal table and the form works fine now.

Would that have been the problem do you think?

Not sure what you mean by the source table was a lookup table,combo. A "lookup" table is still just a table. Hard to say what the problem was unless I actually saw it. If there was something set for the "link child fields" in the mainform to the subform, that could have caused a problem if it was a lookup table and no id's matched.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)