Unanswered: Report to count data items

I am designing a database to help a school keep track of incidents of bad behaviour. There are 12 categories of behaviour, identified by a number and a description: e.g. 1 = Physical assault against student ,2 = Physical assault against staff, 3 = Theft, etc etc.
    When an incident occurs, staff record the relevant number in the database as an “Incident Code”. There can be up to 4 Incident Codes for each record. (Staff felt they didn’t need the facility to enter more than 4 codes, as most incidents only fell into one or possibly two categories). Therefore, in the data table, there will be a number for each incident code which identifies the behaviour category. E.g. IC1=1, IC2=4,IC3=12,IC4=Null.
    I would like to make a report which will count the number of instances of each category, so that the school can document how many assaults, thefts, etc are taking place. I’ve tried to use the “Count” command in the report, but it doesn’t really do what I want it to as it just counts how many IC1’s,IC2’s and so on.
    Sorry if I haven’t explained this very well, but hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Provided Answers: 10
    More information needed about your table structures.
    Plase include some sample data and expected results.

Why not also show us what you have tried so far!
    George
    Home | Blog

Bad table design ... How about:

IncidentTable

IncidentID
    IncidentCode
    StudentID
    IncidentDate

Then you can make a query to do your counts:
    SELECT COUNT(IncidentCode) AS IncidentCount FROM IncidentTable WHERE (IncidentDate BETWEEN #1/1/07# AND #6/15/07#) GROUP BY IncidentCode;
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

I have a table with 12 fields containing details of the incident. The school currently use a paper form, and the table is simply an electronic version of that. I've attached a document which shows the fields and example data.
    Attached Files Attached Files