Unanswered: Validation rules

I have a table of clients and a table of addresses. Ech client can have more than one address, so the addresses table includes a lookup field identifying the client and also a field addresstype, eg correspondence, accounts and so on. I want to impose a rule that says the first address entered for a client must be a correspondence address and that there can only be one correspondence address, although there can be multiple addresses for the other address types. I can do this with a load of code in my form but I was wondering if there's a way to do it using a validation rule? I'm using Access 97.

Provided Answers: 1
    Hi

Just a thought, but if the corresponding address is manditory and can only be entered once, would it be reasonable to enter it in the client table?

MTB

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTheBike
    Hi

Just a thought, but if the corresponding address is manditory and can only be entered once, would it be reasonable to enter it in the client table?

MTB
    That's a good point. It seems messy to have address information in two tables though? I want to display all the addresses the same way and that would need a union query which wouldn't be updateable (is that correct?).