Unanswered: Help! With relationship Diagram

Hi i'm building a database with access for a computer business which sells computer products. The database is going to be from the point of view of the business not the customer. I'm having some trouble with the Relationship diagram, so far i have done this http://img509.imageshack.us/my.php?i...atabasefa1.jpg

The aim of the database so for the customer to purchase product, and the business records this transaction. Its from the point of view of the business not the customer. The business uses a supplier for its products and has no physical stock on hand.

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Database.jpg  
    Last edited by ccastell89; 06-19-07 at 20:54.

Wish I can look at the picture but work computers are not allowed to go to image shack. Why not just attach the file to your post?

Here you go. Cheers

take a look at each of your entities, and ask yourself, what is the primary key?

the primary key should be the column(s) that uniquely identify each row

for example, take the product type entity

each product type will be represented only once in this table, right?

so having order details id in the product type table implies that each product type can belong to only one order?

that doesn't sound right, does it

have a look at this tutorial -- Introduction to Data Modeling
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

I was wondering what would be a good problem defintiition for this database. Since i have to write one for documentation.

So far: Store all transactions and orders made by customers.

- The database needs to be able to produce a list of orders by customer names

- Be able to calculate and total the amount of for orders.

This is actually a assignment. I want to design A database similar to north Northwind. What i have to do for the problem Definition is attached on this file

I have no previous database experience.... This assignment is a major assessment piece for my IT course. My Teacher, is the worst possible teacher you can get, in terms of teaching (Focuses her teaching from a book) Therefore i need all the help i can get from external sources. I'm hoping to get alot of this assignment done in a couple weeks, since its turning myself crazy!
    Attached Files Attached Files

I agree with r937, the relationship between order details and product type isnt correct. Usually in this sort of database the Order Details table has a Product ID field which is then linked to the Product ID on the product type table

I have finally started my database. I have put a attachment file of my process so far. Any recommendations or changes i should consider. Note: I haven't put the suppliers and customer table in yet. I will put them in later if i have time.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Also would i have to create forms for my queries. What is the connection between queries and forms?