Unanswered: Need some ideas on CR8.5

Hi,

I am quite new to Crystal Reports and I am creating a payroll application that should print payslips at the end of the week. As of the moment, I'm having a slight dilemma on how to design my payslip template. I wish to include a summary of charges on the right part of payslips to save space (almost all data are on the left side) BUT since its going to be in a subreport, I don't know how to go with the formatting. Is it possible using CR8.5?

I think possible using CR8.5 for subreport
    An apple a day keeps the doctor away..
    If the doctor is handsome, throw the apple away..

any ideas on how to do it?

umm you create the summary of charges on right using subreport?
    An apple a day keeps the doctor away..
    If the doctor is handsome, throw the apple away..

hi misa_sakiyurai

Yes, I've done that but the problem still exists because we still follow the template Group Header, Details, Group Footer etc. Moving the subreport to the right portion will only move the subreport aesthetically. What I meant was to have a subreport override the template mentioned above, imagine a floating subreport that overlaps the Group Header, Details and Group Footer

Personally I don't think you can have a floating subreport over everything (wish you could as it's a nice idea!).

HOWEVER, how about shrinking the subreport as small as possible and passing the values out from the subreport into the main report. Then you can pick and place them where you want.

Hope this helps.

Caspar

Does 8.5 have the Underlay Following Sections checkbox in the section expert, I believe that will solve your "floating subreport" issues.

CasparV: thanks, that would be like tricking it nice

starkmann: I'll try to look into that. thanks

Fresh idea:

Create simple silly report that just groups on the person who you want to print payslips for, but it prints nothing. Start a new page after each person.

Now put your existing report in as a subreport on the left. Now add your other subreport in on the right.

Any good?

Caspar