Thread: Major Help

Post Unanswered: Major Help

I have taken no classes in MySQL or database or anything for that matter i have to create a code to utilize Active Directory for development instead of MSQL database and i have no idea where to begin can some one point me in the right direction

Might be a good idea to post in the correct forum. Going by what you're saying you need to "program" for Active Directory not MySQL or MSSQL. Which is it? What language? A bit more elaboration on your requirements?

Sorry i do need a program for using active directory in php or a point in the right direction on how to go about it

I think you missed my questions :

1) What are you doing? Elaborate please.
    2) Are you writing a program (i.e. in Java,C++,PHP)
    3) Are you designing a database?
    4) Are you using a database?
    5) Are you using Active Directory?

For reference Active Directory communicates using LDAP which is a library available for PHP, however I do believe it needs to be compiled into PHP before runtime.

What i have to do is write a program in php that authenicates login against an active directory..

okay so now that you have elaborated, why have you posted in a database forum and not a php forum?

i was using a database at first not i need to use an active directory sorry i will take my question