Unhappy Unanswered: Running Consecutive Append Queries

Hi, Everyone,

I have a routine that runs 10 consecutive queries with no break in between. The run commands have the format
    Code:
    DoCmd.OpenQuery "qryApp*******01", acViewNormal, acReadOnly
    Some of the queries are simple (appending maybe 5 or 10 records), and some of them are really heavy duty. However, every time I run the routine the whole display starts to jump up and down (when it reaches the heavy duty queries, I presume), and the only way I can stop it is by bombing out of Access. What's going on? How can I avoid it?

Thanks,
    Sam

if its not trapped in a loop, and is working normally, it might be the display flickering as access tries to turn toolbars rapidly on and off as it goes in and out of queries

you could try looking at echo off, to see if that stops it, although in some cases access ignores it - theres also a windows api call that suppresses all screen updates

be careful to turn updates back on though!, especially in the event of a crash

After consulting the help file for Echo, I put that in there as an Application level command, and it seems to have helped. It didn't jump at all. However, interestingly enough, the status text I put in didn't display except in between queries. While running the queries, the default query status bar displayed instead.

It'll work, though, without the text, which I deleted.

Thanks a lot,

Sam

It wouldn't display the text if you printed it after turning echo off.