Thread: Required Error

Question Unanswered: Required Error

Does anyone know of a way, if you have a form that has several REQUIRED (NOT NULL) constraints on table fields, if there is a way on a form to capture which field is causing the error (error 3314)? I ask this so I can craft more informative and easier read messages in the error event for the form to let the user know what the problem is. Thank you in advance for your time and your responses.

Im not too sure on what can be done with regards to the error itself, if there is a property of the error that identifies the problem field. However, what I usually do is have some code behind the submit button (or whatever it is you are doing on the form that causes the problem) which checks the fields that need to have something in them and then provides a nice friendly MsgBox listing each of the fields that are empty. Then when the user clicks ok on the message i automatically SetFocus back to the first of the fields that is missing.

Smile Thanks

It turns out that I just did that right after I posted--I was kinda hoping someone would know of a property of the error but it was just me being anal retentive--I wish that access had the vb.net 2005 validation tools--ah well, one can dream.