Unanswered: Connect ORACLE to MSACCESS

Hi all,

I've got a working situation. The problem is that our main database is ORACLE 10g installed on a linux server. Now, I've got several colaborators with individual databases made in MSACCESS, wich I have to take the data to the main database.
    The question is if there is a simple way (not export as text) to connect both databases so that I could transfer the necessary data.

Many thanks.

Where the Surf Meets the Turf @Del Mar, CA
    Provided Answers: 1
    GOOGLE is your friend, but ONLY when you actually use it.
    Results 1 - 10 of about 682,000 for Connect ORACLE to MSACCESS
    Do claim that NONE of this hits answers your question?

A SEARCH of this forum alone gives
    Web Results 1 - 10 of about 10,200 from www.dbforums.com for Connect ORACLE to MSACCESS

Does your mother still spoon feed you?
    Last edited by anacedent; 06-28-07 at 14:58.
    You can lead some folks to knowledge, but you can not make them think.
    The average person thinks he's above average!
    For most folks, they don't know, what they don't know.
    Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

thanks for your rapid reply.

I realize that you don't know all of my steps before I wrote the question, but OK.

after 10 pages of results, 80% are how to connect MSACCESS to ORACLE and the rest are how to connect with databases in the same machine and with the same OS, and that's not what I want.

Thanks.

Where the Surf Meets the Turf @Del Mar, CA
    Provided Answers: 1
    A network connection does know know or care about the OS of the remote client.
    As long as both side speak the same shared language (protocol), communication will occur.

Web Results 1 - 10 of about 9,490 from www.dbforums.com for connect access oracle unix

GOOGLE - Results 1 - 10 of about 925,000 for Connect ORACLE to MSACCESS unix
    Last edited by anacedent; 06-28-07 at 15:36.
    You can lead some folks to knowledge, but you can not make them think.
    The average person thinks he's above average!
    For most folks, they don't know, what they don't know.
    Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

In MSACCESS, setup an external data connection via ODBC to the oracle database table.

Write an append, update, delete, or insert query in access (what ever is approporate) and do a push or pull from ACCESS.
    Bill
    You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

beilstwh: many thanks for your idea. it wasn't what I had originaly in mind, but thinking again making the colaborators databases update the server database is better than making the server connect to every single computer and update the info. And for me particulary is easier to make a macro on the access database (because of limitations by the Oracle DBA). Thank you again.

anacedent: I believe that Google is a great help, but could be a 2 way problem. I've googled for "nothing" and I got 1 - 10 of about 409,000,000 results, and they all talk about "something", but "something" isn't "nothing".

Thanks