Unanswered: How do I copy jobs from one machine to another?

I am moving my test database from Box A to Box B (to free up resources on my production environment). I need to generate the jobs/schedules for the database and get them over to Box B. The first problem I'm aware of is the sysdatabases table doesn't reference the DB's as the same number...so I think that will present a little difficulty.

I'm pretty knowledgable on SQL server, jobs, etc...but only marginally in the know on system tables. So, I'm not sure if I should be writing queries or generating SQL scripts for the jobs etc.

I'd love to see the starting point for a script so that I can learn this part of SQL Server. NOTE: I'm on SQL 2000 still.

Thanks,

alex8675

I have upgraded all our servers to SQL Server 2005, so I don't have EM anymore, but perhaps you can generate SQL scripts from EM to create the jobs. I know you can do it from SSMS, but I can't remember if EM let's you do it.

Try to right click the server in EM where the jobs are. You should see a Tools or Create Scripts in the popup menu. Don't remember the rest, but if you are experienced you should find it if it exists.

even if you can't do it in EM, you should be able to generate scripts for the jobs on a 2000 server with SSMS.

you can use SSMS to manage both 2000 and 2005 servers.