Unanswered: What type of security has been set on my database?

I have come to work somewhere with a pre-existing Access 2003 database. The file I click to open is a "Microsoft Office Access Application" This opens a a series of forms and allows me to query the database but I cannot view the menu for tables, queries, reports etc. or make any changes.
    My menu options across the top of the screen e.g. File, edit etc are extremely limited.

There is no password to get in (except logging on to Windows XP). On the properties tab of the db file, my user name has ticked boxes next to all of the options for making changes but these look greyed out to me.

I have been researching on the web to try to find out how this has been done. I'm not interested in learning how to hack I just want to know how it got to be this way and whether there would be another file elsewhere that would help me. I am meeting with the person who set this all up tomorrow afternoon (I hope) and they should explain it all, but it is driving me crazy in the meantime.

The person who designed this has set up some bespoke security & options. Impossible to know exactly what at this stage but it is difficult\ impossible to create an unhackable Access database.

Is it an mdb or mde? Can you get to Tools -> Options or Tools -> StartUp?
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Sorry I don't know mdb or mde? I can't see a file extension anywhere. I have no way of getting in to tools menu.

This is the file extension. In explorer click Tools -> FOlder Options -> View and untick "hide extensions for known file types" then click "Apply to all folders". Now browse to the file and check the extension.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Thanks for that tip about seeing the file extensions.
    Anyway I found out that if I open the database while holding down the Shift key I get to see all the tables and work in the database.

I was seriously expecting something more complicated than that!

Provided Answers: 59
    so in other words.. to answer your question...

no security has been set
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton