Unanswered: Calling videos in PHP?

Hello all,

Objective:
    I have mpeg videos in a directory, I want to be able to play them when a particular condidtion is true in a browser. How do i get the video to play in a browser using PHP, if this is even possible?

Details:
    The videos path is stored in a database or maybe the video itself is stored in the database! Say the mpeg video is in the database. I can call a particular row where the video is and other information like its size using HP. Also one video won't be called, a list will be called in order of size!

Anyone know how i can do this? What functions can i use maybe? If the above is not possible please tell me another language it can be done with!

Thanks all

To add to this, can i play flash videos using php?

Videos ( or flash videos ) need to be embedded into the html. So as long as you can write out the html (using PHP) to embed the flash/mpeg file then you'll be fine.

See http://www.mioplanet.com/rsc/embed_mediaplayer.htm to get an idea of what you're doing.

p.s. I wouldn't store the videos in a database. You'll need a BLOB type and it's going to eat database storage space and I/O for no good reason. Store them in a directory structure.