Unanswered: Looking for RTE with image/file upload facility

Hi,

does anyone know of a good (prefereably free) Rich Text editor with an image upload facility. I've been using TimyMCE but have run into some problems getting the image upload plugin to work.

So if anyonw knows a good RET that I can easily integrate with a PHP site I'd really appreciate it.

Cheers

Why would you want to use a Rich Text Editor to upload images? Just use a standard <input type="file"> html tag and process it yourself.

The latest version of fckeditor has a newly rewritten file upload/explore/insert - http://wiki.fckeditor.net/Developer%...n_File_Browser

The reason for doing this is when you write an application that provides a user interface using a RTE editor, such as a Forum compose a post page, it allows you to provide image/attachment handling functions for the user (see the paper-clip file attachment icon on the edit window of the compose post window of this Forum.)

Thanks for your help.

I found a version of TinyMCE with the file management system of FCKEditor bolted on from here

It's just what I was looking for. It's really good and simple to setup.