Thread: Status = -16

Unanswered: Status = -16

My frst posting so here goes.
    When connecting two a Universe DB via telnet I log in and then type 'listf' to list all the connected database files, but some of them are shown with the following error 'CAN'T OPEN STATUS = -16'
    Can anyone tell me what this means and how do I rectify it?
    The data file exists, I can visually see it in the data folder.

Thanks

Hi,
    what information would you like to get from database? What problem would you like to solve?
    Grofaty

Could you also tell us which version of DB2 you are using on which platform?

I have never heard of "listf" in IBM-DB2-world. What is that command and where did you get it from?

And as Grofaty said: what do you want to achieve? (Why would anyone care about the exact files that DB2 may create?)
    Knut Stolze
    IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator
    IBM Germany Research & Development

Unhappy Status = -16

I develop using OpenInsight (OI) and they have just begun linking to Universe databases. In line with this, a client has passed on to me a set of database files which are a copy of his development/test system. OI can link to most of the files but I noticed there were a couple missing from the list, so I opened the command prompt and connected to the data files via Telnet. And the files that did not show up in OI all ahve the same error message for the data file. The dictionary file was fine, found that easy enough, but the data file itself is not connecting or being found. Make sense?

Unhappy

I downloaded U2 vs 10.2, installed it and began reading through the online manual. 'Listf' seems to be a common command, lists all data files that are connected or listed in the VOC.
    I'm a serious newby with U2, I come from a cobol, VB and OI background. My client requires for me to create an OI front end or GUI for the U2 data. Does anyone know what the status code '-16' actually means?

U2 is not DB2. Different DBMS.
    Knut Stolze
    IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator
    IBM Germany Research & Development