Unanswered: Data disappearing From Database - How Could This Happen?

Hello Everyone! I am a new user of this forum and I am hoping you can point me in the right direction to resolve this issue. I just finished a website using PHP and MySQL on a Linux Builder account. It's a membership website with an admin panel so the client can update member profiles, among other things. We uploaded 307 records into the database. Today, there are only 218 records in the database. No one has deleted records. We are at a loss as to how to explain the disappearing data.

PostScript:
    We found the problem and have resolved it! The same email address had been used for multiple clients (as a default) and deleting one client with that address automatically deleted them all. Mystery solved.
    Last edited by bizcoach_designer; 07-09-07 at 21:45.

Lol, unlucky. Probably worth noting that key constraints should limit things which are unique in your DB (i.e. email) and thus your import should have not worked the first time around

Well, I can smile about it now but it wasn't so funny while it was happening. Can you imagine checking your database and finding 77 records just simply gone? LOL! Yep, today, it's funny. Yesterday, not so much.

Actually, the duplicate email addresses were not imported. They had been manually added after the data was imported. It turned out to be an odd situation that pointed out policies the organization needed to put in place. We did go back and tweak things to prevent it from happening again...and needless to say, there's also a new policy, too (smile).

All in a day's work <grin>. Thanks for your note.