Unanswered: Problem to connect into a SQL DB

Hi,

I have this problem:

I have install the SQL Server Enterprise Manager on a Windows 2003 server with ISA 2004 and I try to connect two different SQL server 2000
    One I can reach the other one I receive the message "Timeout expired"
    With the same user from my PC running Windows XP I connect in the two SQL server

From ISA server I can ping the two SQL server and from the two SQL server I can ping the ISA server

With ODBC I can connect if I choose Name pipes its work fine, when I try with TCP/IP it doesn't work

somebody can help me?

thanks
    Athos

Check what protocols have been enabled on SQL SErver by using server network utilityand enable named pipes or tcp/ip as per your requirement.

You may use SQLSetStmtAttr to set the timeout value (SQL_ATTR_QUERY_TIMEOUT):
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms712631.aspx
    fyi.
    --Satya SKJ
    Microsoft SQL Server MVP
    [IMG]http://sqlserver-qa.net/google_bart.gif[/IMG]

I verify using server network utility but TCP/IP on the server are enable.
    The strange is that one time I can reach the server but five minute later I have the error on the SQL Server Enterprise Manager that you find on the attached file

I try with SQL Query Analyzer to connect with a user that belong to the group domain admins and I receive this error:

Unable to connect to Server "ServerName":

Server: Msg 17, Level 16, State 1
    [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][TCP/IP Sockets]SQL Server does not exist or access denied

this error I have from my ISA2004 server
    from my PC running windows XP I don't have this problem and I use the same user