Unanswered: Most recently used list

Is there an easy way to retrieve the most recently used list from the registry for MS Access? I need to store the directory and filename values for users in a table.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

Disregard - I found it.

Paul,
    That is something I have also thought about. Could you share what you found and how to do it?

Thanks!

Provided Answers: 10
    Yeah Paul - you should know better than to keep this secret from us
    George
    Home | Blog

Actually, I abandoned this way as I designed a little program which searched for MSAccess, Word, and Excel files and allows the user to quickly click and launch the file. This program is at work and I'll share it Monday when I go back to work.

Regarding the MRU though (sorry I didn't post what I found...didn't think anyone was interested and just read the slap on the hands for not posting it ), but what I had found was a registry key which is HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\OpenSaveMRU\<FileType> which I "believe" contains the MRU files but it may be different on other computers. My research also had mentioned MRU files being binary coded so I'm not 100% certain this is the correct key but it seems to show my MRU files (I did a search in the registry for one of the MRU filenames). I decided not to write code to look up registry values and hence, the program to quickly launch a file.
    Last edited by pkstormy; 07-15-07 at 03:26.

Main Menu System Program

Here's the Main Menu type program I developed. I didn't put in a lot of documentation but it's a nice little Menu program. You'll need to hold down the shift key to get behind the scenes. Also remove all the files in the dbo_LookupFiles table and run the PopulateTable form to populate this table with the data on your designated drive.
    Attached Files Attached Files