Unanswered: Cleaning up some excel exports

I am running a query, and exporting it to excel. A few of the fields have dates, and one is a memo field. When I export it to excel, the dates show up as hash marks. If I resize the field in excel, the dates appear. Also some of the memo fields wrap and the cell expands to show the multiple lines,and other times it doesn't. I was wondering if there was a way for me to tell excel to resize properly so my users don't have to?
    Ryan
    My Blog

Hi Ryan

Some of that sort of stuff is (I think) done in the Export to Excel attachment in the codebank sticky of this forum. Try running it and see how you get on.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

There is an excel automation thing done by you. I will look at it when I get in.
    Ryan
    My Blog

Dan, I have looked at the example, put the code in just like it was*, and I get an error. It says that " Dim exApp As Excel.Application" is not defined. From what I can tell, all that is is a var decloration.

*- I edited the SQL query
    Ryan
    My Blog

You must apply the reference to the Excel. Go in the vba-code window to tools and reference and choose the "Microsoft Access 8.0 Object Library"

Oh ok. Thanks. Now it exports, but it looks different than Dan's. I'll look to see if I can fix that.
    Ryan
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Julita
    You must apply the reference to the Excel. Go in the vba-code window to tools and reference and choose the "Microsoft Access 8.0 Object Library"
    Yup. Or you can take a look at the Late Binding information and do things that-a-way (as recommended by Roy Vidar & several supporting articles).
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

I got it working.
    Ryan
    My Blog